FREE Shipping on all AUS orders over $49

High Performance Chocolate

 

Caffeine is well known for its stimulating effect on the human mind and body.

Caffeine’s primary benefit is its positive effect on cognitive function. Caffeine helps to improve focus and concentration and increase alertness while providing that much needed ‘boost’ when you need it most.

Caffeine has repeatedly been shown to be an effective ergogenic aid (performance booster) in both endurance exercise and short bouts of maximal exercise (e.g. sprints).

Caffeine also stimulates the nervous system which sends direct signals to fat cells to tell them to break down fat.

Another positive effect is that it increases blood levels of the hormone Epinephrine, also known as Adrenaline. Epinephrine travels through the blood to the fat tissues and sends signals to break down fats and release them into the bloodstream. This is how caffeine helps to mobilise fat from the fat tissues, making it available for use as free fatty acids in the blood.

The higher our metabolic rate the easier it is for us to lose weight and the more we can allow ourselves to eat without gaining. Studies show that caffeine can increase the metabolic rate by 3 to 11 per cent.

In one study the increase in fat burning in lean people is as high as 29 per cent. Other studies indicate that on average, caffeine can improve exercise performance by up to 12 per cent.

The amount of caffeine in a serve of Peak Chocolate is about the same as the caffeine in a single shot of espresso coffee. About 30% the caffeine occurs naturally in our chocolate while we add the other 70% for that extra 'kick'. Our added caffeine is derived from Brazilian Guarana, so you can be sure it's 100 per cent natural.

Each serve of Peak Chocolate Active contains up to 70mg of caffeine (about the same as a single-shot espresso coffee).